The Lake Monticello Department of Public Safety
857 Jefferson Dr, Palmyra, VA
Our small team of private police and security officers serves our community through the Lake Monticello Department of Public Safety.
The Lake Monticello Police Department (LMPD) is one of eight authorized private police departments in Virginia. It partners with the Fluvanna County Sheriff's Office to ensure law enforcement services 24/7. That is why it is important to call the Sheriff’s Dispatch Center at 434-589-8211 for your law enforcement needs, but always call 911 for an emergency!
All LMPD Officers are state-certified law-enforcement officers; however, private police are not covered by the Virginia Retirement System. LMPD embraces community policing by encouraging an interactive partnership between our law enforcement officers and the people we serve. By developing connections within the community, our police are better prepared to solve public safety problems. Each Lake police vehicle is equipped with an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) thanks to a Tenaska donation, and our LMPD officers are CPR and AED -certified so that they are prepared to respond to medical assistance calls. Body-worn cameras foster better trust and transparency within the community. Most of the officers also obtained Virginia Boater Licenses to provide patrols on Lake Monticello during the summer. LMPD responds to an average of 250 calls per month and patrols 62 miles of roadways.
Our small team of private security officers staffs the main gate and provides mobile patrol to Lake amenities. To call in a guest or report an LMOA policy issue, call the Main Gate at 589-3215. See more details about guests below. LMOA partners with Allied Universal Security Services to provide this service
Untitled FEATURED TEXT BLOCK WITH CTA
Gates, Guests & Barcodes
There are five security gates at Lake Monticello, three of which are barcode-only gates. Residents and Businesses will need to fill out the BARCODE APPLICATION and make an appointment at the Public Safety building beside the Main Gate to apply for a barcode. Questions regarding Barcode Applications can be directed to [email protected].
Barcodes can be used to enter through any of the following gates:
- Main Gate: for GPS navigate to 857 Jefferson Drive: Also called the Ashlawn Gate, the Main Gate is staffed. Entry without a barcode is possible; use the left lane and report to security staff.
- Falcon Hills Gate: for GPS, navigate to 58 Bridlewood Drive: Also known as the Turkeysag Gate, this gate is remotely staffed. Entry without a barcode is possible; use the left lane and report to security staff via the callbox.
- Fairway Gate: for GPS, navigate to 191 Jefferson Drive: Also known as the Slice Gate, this is a barcode-only gate.
- Tufton Gate: for GPS, navigate to 1 Monish Drive: Also known as the Monish Gate, this is a barcode-only gate.
- Riverside Gate: for GPS, navigate to 59 Jefferson Drive: This is a barcode-only gate.
GUESTS & DELIVERIES
- All members in good standing of the Association have the privilege of extending guests the opportunity to visit Lake Monticello.
- Please inform the Main Gate of guests as soon as possible, preferably 48 hours in advance, especially around the holidays. This can be done by phone, email or through your member profile.
- Members are responsible for their guests and will be held accountable for their guests' deliberate or careless damage to Association property.
- To ensure all household members (including children) and permanent guests have permanent access, please keep your profile up to date. Log in to lmoa.org and click on 'My Profile' on the brown navigation bar, then click on 'Add Dependents' to add Dependents, Residents, and Permanent Guests.
- Guests of members not in good standing shall be granted access to Lake Monticello for access to the member's lot but may not use any of the Lake Monticello amenities.
- Under no circumstances shall guests be admitted while towing a boat that has not been officially registered with LMOA.
- If you have scheduled a delivery or called in a guest, please ask the driver to enter at the Main Gate (857 Jefferson Drive) or the Falcon Hills Gate (58 Bridlewood Drive). This will help prevent traffic jams at barcode-only gates.